Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Life Update

Guess what? I tried a disappearing act on the blog, and I was successful! So, for all my family and friends who check in on this blog every now and again, here's a little life update....


Notice the new addition to our family!! :-)

My Husband and I

Yes, two years ago March 10...
About a week after we meet (for the second time), hanging out at the rodeo.
... We met for the second time. After dinner surrounded by four children, exchanging numbers for help with directions, an accidental phone call, and a random text message, the Lord must have set us up. I am so thankful to be married to the most caring, gentle, dearest man in the whole world. His character is so genuine and honorable. I am blessed to have known him these past two years and am blessed to be his wife (for the past three months).
For our two year anniversary, my husband brought me a beautiful boquet of colorful blossoms!

Speaking of the one I love....

Someone had a birthday!!!! My dear husband had his 30th birthday a couple of weeks ago. We celebrated at home on his actual birthday with his dad and stepmom. We ate grilled chicken with a mango salsa and grilled vegetables/pineapple. I made a raw blackberry cheesecake that was delicious, but was not like cheesecake. A few days after his actual birthday, we celebrated with his mom and stepdad, aunt and uncle, and brother at an Indian restaraunt. We shared a plate of jackfruit masala with rice and saag paneer with naan. Oh delicous food! Later, our server brought the birthday man rice pudding with a small candle. Happy birthday, dear love!

At the Indian restaraunt, smiling because he has rice pudding!
My dear husband has also begun his classes in SAP. This week is his second week in the courses. So far, everything seems to be going well. We are believing the Lord that He has brought this opportunity into my husband's life for a perfect reason. I am looking forward to what the Lord is going to do through him.

Also going on with my man: He has been working continuously on one of our vehicles. Thank you, dearheart, for all of your efforts to fix the car and get its registration in order!! My car had an electrical issue that we have not been able to have fixed yet, and our red car has some of its own issues. The Lord provided us the black Echo at just the right time! Thank You for being our Provider, Jesus!
 










Here's the handsome man changing the oil in the car.

And with me....

I am staying busy with school, meal planning, cooking, cleaning, and looking after the newest addition to our family (more on that later!). This semester is my last full semester before graduation. I have one children's music class to take this June. Last Saturday, I took the state content exam for teaching certification. I have passed my other required exam, and I pray my results are positive for this exam, as well. I will find out the results by the end of the week. I am currently on Spring break and using my time to fill out applications to school districts! Wow... three years of university, and here I am getting ready to graduate and get a job! And with no debt to pay back! The Lord truly is wonderful to me.

Other News

In other news, we have found a beautiful park near our home and near the elementary school I student teach at. The park is on the lake, has several pavilion and picnic areas, has nature trails, and has a dog park. We love going to parks and being outside on nice days! They served us well when we were courting and wanted to be in a free, public place.


This picture is of the lake the park is settled by.
We are also remembering the Sabbath each Friday. I love when I am able to make homemade challah bread for the occasion. Keeping Shabbath is such a peaceful devotion to the Lord that I miss when we are not able to have our Shabbath service.

Our Shabbath service setup: juice of the vine, homemade challah bread, two candles, and our scriptures.
We have also been reading aloud a book of the Bible (or five chapters, depending) each morning lately. I have been enjoying that time in the Word with my husband. The Word of God is so powerful and dear to my heart! I am able to know Him-- the King of Kings and Lord of Lords!!-- by His Word. Two scriptures I love about the Word are:
"Thy Word have I hid in my heart that I might not sin against thee," Psalm 119:11.

&
 "Wherewithal shall a young man cleanse his way, by taking heed thereto according to thy word," Psalm 119:9.
The Word of God was hidden in my heart as I memorized scripture as a young child. My heart was far from Him, though. Later, His Word drew me to Him and began redeeming me from past hurts and sins. His Word continues to strengthen me and keep me!


***DRUM ROLL, Please!***

And now, ladies and gentlemen, it is my honor to introduce you to the newest member of our family.... Please welcome...


Our new puppy!
Rhylee!!!! Rhylee is our new Jack Russell terrier and Chihuahua mix puppy. We were told she is 6 months old, but we actually think she is 4-5 months old because she is still losing baby teeth and has several more to lose. Unfortunately, she was being abandoned by two teenage girls. My step mother-in-law saw the girls trying to shew the puppy away outside of a store and asked them what they were doing. They explained they had gotten the puppy two weeks before at a flea market, but because they were moving into apartments, their mom told them to give her away. They said they couldn't find someone to take her, so they were trying to leave her. Thankfully, my step mother-in-law chose to take the puppy and find her a home. She found a home in us!

We named Rhylee because 'Rhylee' means 'valiant' in Irish. Rhylee is such a courageous little puppy, even amongst much larger dogs! The caption in each of the following photos contains a fact about our little baby.


She loves both of us, but she is definitely a daddy's girl!

Rhylee has black whiskers on the left and white whiskers on the right.
She loves to play and is very active!
She is a great car rider, and really knows how to chill.

No comments:

Post a Comment