Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Update on the Newlyweds'

Hallo, my friends and family! As I said in What a Wonderful World, a more thorough update on me and my precious husband was in the works-- and here it is! Things have been HAPPENING 'round these parts.


Mein Mann

My man is finished with his course work in SAP! Congratulations, my dear love! He has been in class for the last few months, and he just recently finished his last day. He is now on the job search, praying that the Lord will direct him to the place he needs to be. I am so proud of his efforts in his classes, and I am excited that he has an idea of what he wants to do as a career. He is interested in business consulting and improving business processes. My darling's experience in this area has been mostly with small businesses. With his training in SAP, he is looking into the corporate side. He is also planning to pursue training in six sigma, which will make him even more qualified for his field of interests. My prince is so good at making companies more efficient. He really enjoys the interaction with people, as well. We'll see what the Lord has in store for him!

For side work, he has been building a website for the academy he attends. He is also transferring many of their processes to free programs and applications from Google. His many skills amaze me continually!

Also, my husband was in a car accident last month. A man rear ended him and totalled one of our cars. My husband has been going to the chiropractor for his neck and lower back. We also received recompense for our lost car. Thankfully, we had three cars at the time of the accident.  (We were about to sell one of them.) We lost a car, but the Lord had already made provision for us with a third vehicle. Now we have two working vehicles and payment from the car that was totalled.

My prince also asked me to share that he loves me on the blog. <3 He loves me!!! And I am so grateful.




My dearheart and I were walking through a park, and he suddenly said, "Wait. Stop for a second. Look! We can make a heart." What a sweet man I have in my life!!

He also saw the sign in the picture below at a local park. His sense of humor is hahahahaha:


Die Frau

As for the woman writing this post, I have been busy, but enjoying life. I am taking my last class before graduation. My last class is a music for children class. In this class, I am taught the basics of keyboard. I am so thankful for the learning because being able to play the keyboard is a goal of mine. My sweet man has a midi keyboard that connects with his Mac laptop, so I've been using that to practice on when I have the time.


I have also been working on plans for my classroom this coming school year. I will be teaching fourth grade English language arts and social studies. So much preparation goes into having a classroom. My plan is to organize as much as I can-- and even overplan-- so that I am prepared for the school year. I want my students to have the fullest year of learning and loving learning that they've ever had. I am so blessed to be at a school whose demographics are similar to my own childhood demographics and is progressing toward higher standards. I am excited to be apart of a team that cares about children no matter what circumstances they may have in life.


Us

We are doing well living at my mother-in-law's home, but the desire to have our own home is very real. We are also living far from our church, my place of work for this coming year, and my husband's school (although he just finished). Our desire is to find a home in September-October of this year. We will see what happens, but we are trying to be content with all that we have!

As I mentioned in my previous post, we have been going to a lot of parks and green spaces in the Houston area. We love being outside among God's nature.

We have also been loving our church and fellowshipping with the church body. Since we live so far away from the church, we have been hanging out with people from the church inbetween services on Sundays. My aunt and uncle have been generous enough to invite us to their home several Sundays for lunch and to rest. Another couple in the church has been a lot of fun to hang out with at Starbucks.

We are excited about what the Lord is doing in us!


Hopefully, I will begin to post more often. I noticed that after our precious puppy Rhylee passed away, I only made monthly posts. We really miss her, even still. :-( But I do want to post more often and share some of my tips for being frugal, cooking, and thoughts on faith, marriage, and being a godly woman. The Lord is faithful to bring us through difficult times.

God bless you and keep you,
~Raquel 


No comments:

Post a Comment