Thursday, September 25, 2014

Our Baby's Heartbeat!

I woke up Tuesday morning (5am) thinking about my midwife appointment scheduled for 4pm. Would I hear baby's heartbeat? Would all be well? Have I gained any weight?

I wasn't sure what to think at that moment, nor was I sure what to think when I walked through the midwife's doors. Or when I took over an hour completing a new client health sheet. (It was my fault; I forgot to complete the electronic datasheet prior to my appointment.)

My weight came in at 140lbs. My pre-pregnancy weight was 128lbs in the mornings. My weight fluctuated throughout the day. I'm thinking that I've only gained 5-7lbs.

I hopped on the patient table, and the midwife measured my belly. "You're right at 16 weeks." Perfect.

Then....

Hmm... does that sound like a boy heartbeat or a girl heartbeat to you? In about a month, we'll have our first and only ultrasound. The gender will be written on a paper & placed in an envelope....

After hearing baby's heartbeat, a urine test determined that I had very healthy stats-- EXCEPT, I need to eat more. The midwife suggested I particularly eat more foods with electrolytes. I feel like I eat ALL day long.... I unashamedly wish my students bring their own breakfast or do not choose to eat the school breakfast, so I can eat it. [Shame, shame-- but I feel none.]

I am trying to be more relaxed throughout the week, not allowing myself to become stressed or overwhelmed. I am also working toward being two weeks ahead in my work. Being ahead will help me to plan lessons the students will find engaging and be more prepared/less stressed.

Please continue to pray for the health of me and our baby.

God bless you and keep you,
~Raquel

2 comments:

  1. Congrats you are going to be a mom and may God be with you all the time. I miss u. How everything been for you? I will be praying for u and ur baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Incredible the technology available to us today to be able to hear your baby's heartbeat! We will definitely continue to pray for the health of both you and the baby!!! Hugs and love!

    ReplyDelete