Thursday, January 2, 2014

Our Life Situation

So that you better understand our journey to a more wholesome and simple life, this post will explain our life situation. Through this explanation, you may better understand our limitations or our capabilities in this journey.

Credit: Google Images

 Jobs/School

My husband works for UPS as a package handler. His shift during December was from 2:30am-9:00am. We anticipate his shift will change in the new year to be from 4:00am-9:00am. Next week, and Lord willing, he will begin coursework for SAP Materials Management certification. (You are welcome to look that up.) His class schedule will be from 10am-1pm three times a week. In April, his certification will be complete, and he will be looking for a career in the SAP field. My husband received a scholarship which will enable him to take the course without accruing debt.

I am not currently employed, although I do attend university full time (and then some). I am completing a Teaching & Learning degree for early childhood through sixth grade. Lord willing, I will graduate in June 2014-- one year ahead of schedule; whoo hoo! This past fall semester and the coming spring semester are student teaching plus university coursework. My university rotates our time in the field and in the university classroom, which have two different schedules and two different locations. I also attend university on scholarship, and so I will graduate without debts.

Credit: Google Images

Home/Transportation


My husband and I live with his father and grandmother in a large two-story home. We have two rooms. One is our bedroom and one is our office/personal living room. We all share the kitchen and living rooms downstairs.

Food

As of last week, a "grocery/cooking/taking up space in the refrigerator" arrangement has been made for our household. My husband and I will pay for and prepare our lunches and breakfasts (with the exception of Saturday). We will also be responsible for three dinners a week. Mimi will be responsibile for her and my father-in-law's breakfasts and lunches and four dinners a week. Saturday's breakfast is a colloborated family meal.

Cars

My husband and I each own a car. No payments! Whoo hoo! :-)

 

Future Plans/Goals

Lord willing, we will be moving permanently to Ireland for missions. Our goal is within five years, but we know the Lord will work in His time.

My husband would like to establish a career in SAP. I would like to work in the public education field until we have children or are moved to Europe. I plan to homeschool our children and would love to write curriculum.

God bless you and keep you,
~Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment