Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Quick Blurb on Submission

Our family faces a lot of changes in this new year. Of course, with changes come decision-making.

Decision making can be a hot topic in some families, and submission seems to be a filthy word to some.



Biblical submission is not about a step ladder of authority, inferiority and superiority, or control. 

Biblical submission is about trust and peace and being empowered in who Christ has made a man (husband) and a woman (wife) to be. 

I can become completely obsessed with a decision that needs to be made, but when I say, 'Handsome, I trust that you're going to make the decision you believe is best for us.' I receive so much peace. 

I am thankful for a husband who hears my thoughts, discusses decisions with me, but ultimately takes the lead and responsibility(!) of the decision. I find that the husband's role is so much more difficult than a wife's role, and I am tremendously appreciative of my husband!

God bless you and keep you,
~Raquel

1 comment:

  1. Excellent thoughts on the subject! I always compare my role as a wife to the church's role to Christ. It is not a burden, instead it is a joy, and indeed brings me great peace to leave my concerns with Christ, and trust He knows best. As I understand the role of the church, then understanding my role as a wife is much easier. I think the lies that the enemy has used through the feminist movement has done so much to hinder and undermine how a family should work together, and not against or at odds with each other. Your short "blurb" on the subject speaks volumes of truth :)

    ReplyDelete