Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Deliveries with Daddy

Blessed, blessed, blessed! Happy, happy, happy!

Yes. Sometimes I'm ornery. Sometimes, I get upset. Sometimes, I get disappointed. But mostly, I live in a constant state of JOY! I remember a pastor who often taught on how joy comes from thankfulness.

How true!

Today, I am so thankful because Abigail and I were able to take a trip with my darling husband to 'the big city' to make a few deliveries. We rarely go to the big city because it's a far drive, and we have all the services we need closer. 


My husband works at an accounting and bookkeeping office and needed to drop off and pick up for several clients. His supervisor said we could ride with him, and that he could even take off a couple of hours. Yippee!

Any extra time with my handsome man during the week is such a treat!

I helped my man by doing some of the driving and navigating. We had a tasty lunch at one of his client's deli business. Then, we explored a park and water fall for about 1.5 hours. We ended up getting a convenient and cheap parking space right next to one of the suspended bridges that goes over the falls.

With the wind, you could feel the suspending bridge move slightly.



The views from the bridge were well worth any fright from the slight sway of the suspended bridge. Like I mentioned, we don't necessarily live near the big city, so we don't come here often. This visit was my first time to see the water fall.






As we walked around the park area, a few miscellaneous items caught my camera's eye and my fancy.

A tree of ivy

A bear wrapped around table leg (the table top is missing...)

Such detail to create this neat guy

A train, a train!

Acorns!
I was surprised because Abigail was awake during her normal 'morning nap' time, but wasn't fussy-- probably too interested in the sites and sounds. She had a short 30 minute nap while at the park. It's unfortunate she missed the bigger-than-life-size toys!



My honey and I walked back to our vehicle with a sleeping beauty. My last pictures of the day were of this clock tower in the park. So monumental-- I can only wonder at all its function when it was first built. Clock tower to tell the time, of course. But a watch tower, maybe? A gathering place? History only knows....




Shortly after we got home around 18:00 (6pm), Abigail conked out for the night. So.... Zac and I exchanged back massages.

Ah! Life is good because God is good.

Enjoy life in Christ,
~Raquel









No comments:

Post a Comment