Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Don't Count Your Chickens Before they Hatch



Do you ever feel like God is trying to teach you a lesson by redundancy? Where it seems events that happen in a short period of time are teaching you the same message-- over and over and over again?

Yeah.... I'm learning not to count my chickens before they hatch.

Take my little Miss, for example. She wanted to catch this chicken.


At first, it seemed the hen was going to let Abigail close to her. Abigail toddled her way closer. Ah-ha! The hen ran further away. Then, Abigail and a friend knelt down to coax the hen closer. The hen came closer, and closer, and closer-- even touching Abigail's hand and then ran rapidly away.


Abigail never caught that chicken, but she sure thought she was going to!

The Aunties were expecting these kids a couple of weeks ago.
And the same goes for me.... Several scenarios have recently happened where I thought, expected, and planned for something particular to happen. And then.... it didn't, or it didn't go the way I had thought, expected, and planned! You might say it's just part of the spice of life, but sometimes, it can be disappointing, too.

It took them a little bit longer, but they finally came!
Don't count your chickens before they hatch.

Scripture explains it in a different way in James 4:13-15 (KJV),

"Go to now, ye that say, Today or tomorrow we will go into such a city, and continue there a year, and buy and sell, and get gain: Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away. For that ye ought to say, IF the Lord will, we shall live and do this, or that."

Brand new babies! Isn't it nice when hope is realized?
We can make plans in faith and hope, but we also must be thankful and content for that which we already have. The Lord's will shall be done His way will be accomplished. I need only just in Him, knowing that His mercy and goodness are following me. What encouragement when we struggle with disappointment because of "unhatched chickens."

The Lord has definitely blessed me, and He knows what is best for me. If He wills it, it will be done. If it is the direction my life needs to take, it will happen. I trust in Him completely.

These kids have absolute trust in their parent. Do you trust in your Father?
He has also given me an honorable husband, ordained to lead our family and bear the responsibility of difficult decisions. I do not have to worry for "the ones that didn't hatch"-- what do I do now? where do I go from here? what are the implications of this situation?-- because the Lord has given me a husband to lean on. I am blessed to have a position of peace and quiet, while my husband has to carry the burden of (sometimes tough) decision making.

I encourage you to not be discouraged if circumstances in your life do not go as you expected. A better plan is in store for you.

Lean on the Father and keep the faith,
~Raquel

Written: April 21, 2016







Written: April 21, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment