Thursday, May 19, 2016

I am the Reason

Jesus is the Bread of Life, free from leaven (sin).
How do I capture the contrast between my unworthiness and His holiness? How do I explain my indebtedness to the sacrifice He not only gave for me-- but WAS for me? My spirit has been smote by the Holy Ghost, as I consider the gravity of His self-sacrificing love for me.

Tonight begins Passover, a time when the Israelites celebrates how the Lord redeemed them from death by the blood of a lamb. Passover celebrates the freedom of His people from oppression. Passover celebrates God bringing His people out of a land they should have never been in and was not their own. Passover celebrates God's nature as a Miraculous Wonder, Redeemer and Deliver, and Provider.

Christ is the Light of the World, shining light in the darkness (world).
Do you see Christ in Passover yet?

We were blessed to be a part of a Passover Seder with a local Christian group tonight. One of my contributions to the Seder was to bring the necessary roasted lamb shank bones.

Here are two of the roasted lamb shank bones for the Seder.
I roasted the lamb bones at my parents' home (because I do not have an oven), made a few jokes about how I'd just roasted Columbo (one of their male sheep), and carried the shank bones back home.

Abigail with Columbo the sheep.
As I carried the bones on a platter, I glanced at the lamb, and thought, "I am so blessed to bring th lamb because the lamb represents Jesus." The Holy Ghost smote my heart with such conviction.

I did this to the Lamb.
I am the reason that He had to give His life.
He is the Sacrifice for me to be redeemed.

All that Christ endured on the journey to the cross was not for His own gain and certainly not for His pleasure. All that He suffered was for me. If there was every any doubt, Christ as my Passover Lamb means my debt has certainly been paid; His death has been my forgiveness of sin.

Oh God! How great and holy You are. I am so thankful. I am so thankful.

My heart is still heavy with the realization of how He was my Sacrifice. The chorus to a song has been on my mind this afternoon,

"We were the reason that He gave His life. We were the reason that He suffered and died. to a world that was lost, He gave all He could give to show us the reason to live."

Here are the elements of the Seder-- a hands on approach to teaching the Passover story.
Passover is a foreshadowing of how Jesus Christ redeems us from our captivity to win and this world. Christ shed HIS blood so that the penalty of death that we DESERVE to receive would pass over us, should His blood cover us by a relationship with Him. he has brought His people out of the world into a regenerated life of holiness and full with fruit of the Spirit. Christ is a Miraculous Wonder. He is my Redeemer and Deliver. He still performs the impossible. He still provides.

Jesus... Thank You. I cannot  cores my gratitude enough. Thank You!!

With a grateful heart,
~Raquel

Written: April 22, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment