Saturday, May 21, 2016

Oh Lovely Days!

I learned something new on my camera! Whoo hoo!!

Which one do you like better?

A.


or
B.


A.


or
B.


If you said "B" both times, ding-ding-ding! You win! :-)

The difference between "A" and "B" is quite apparent; it's like you were blind, and now you're not!

Let's take my new found knowledge on a hike because, oh! what lovely days we are having here in north Idaho!

I want to SEE the beauty God has created!

I'm not sure what these lovely ladies are named, but they appear in beautiful bunches.

These happy yellow flowers are the buds that will become the Oregon grape berry!

"Amazing grace how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me. I once was lost, but now I'm found, was blind, but now I see."

The witch's hair lichen was once used in clothes making.

Since Christ has found me and changed me, I pretty much always stop to smell the flowers or to admire them. Now that He has removed the scales from my eyes and shined the Light into my life, I am going to enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

Wild strawberries!

I'm sure the garden of Eden was full of good things to eat, put there by the voice of God. That's what I think of when I see wild edibles in the forest. No one carefully tilled the ground, planted a seed, watered it regularly, and prayed it would grow. God has done it.

Wild raspberries!

Seriously? Are you looking? There's so much GOOD. God is the Creator.

This gorgeous flower is the arrow leaf basalm root plant.

"My chains are gone! I've been set free! My God, my Savior has ransomed me. And like a flood, His mercy rains unending love, amazing grace."

Meet the alpine shooting star. It smells divine!

Enjoy the beauty around you! Open your eyes. Smell the flowers. Admire the majestic handiwork of the Lord.

Admiring the Creator,
~Raquel

Written: April 27, 2016

1 comment:

  1. Isn't it wonderful when you can find a new feature on the camera! Your pictures are wonderful, always love exploring the beauty of the Lord's creations too! I believe the flower you weren't sure what it was, is a spreading phlox... the only way I know is because I looked it up myself earlier this spring, as it is all over our property. It is so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete