Tuesday, June 13, 2017

5 Months

Malachi is five months old today!

This little guy has brought five months of snuggles, cuddles, smiles, and giggles. His toothless grin reaches even to his light blonde eyebrows, and he gives it freely. Sometimes, you don't know if he is trying to eat you or smile at you.

He likes to play a game called 'I'll-suck-on-your-face-then-you-suck-on-mine.' If you choose not to play, he'll play anyway. Haha, But if you do choose to play, he will reward you with delightfully endearing baby chuckles.

Bath time, especially, brings the laughs bubbling right out of him. I admit I encourage Abigail to lightly splash him with water so that we can hear the happy sound. Then, all three of us enjoy hearty laughs.

That's the thing with this little guy. He seems to know that life requires laughter and that mama's love language is physical touch. His round arms reach over my shoulders, and his tiny hands grasp my shirt tightly. At times, he seems to be giving me a little squeeze. I am beyond blessed to have such a caring gentleman in the making!

Malachi sleeps well. A little milk, a little rocking, a little pat on his backside, and he's out. His lips scrunch against each other when he lies on his side, and it takes every.ounce.of.temperance to not kiss them.

Abigail does not yet have this temperance of which I speak. On more than one occasion, she has bounded into his sleeping chambers and declared, 'Chi Chi, wake up!' They are best friends, each blessing the other with a better attitude by presence alone.

Since discovering his cow dairy allergy (through breastmilk) and switching to the milk of goats, he enjoys tummy time so much more. He rolls-- a lot. He grabs for toys his big sister has sweetly brought for him. And... he eats the floor because my handsome little guy seems to want everything saturated in his salvia.

When he sits on my lap at meals, he attempts to partake off my dinner plate. Malachi also likes to practice sitting independently, suspiciously most often at meal time. Perhaps he's trying to convince me to let him try some 'big boy' food. Nope. We will wait until at least six months of age.

And the wait won't be long. Because not that long ago, he was a newborn that mesmerized us all.

My children are growing faster than I could have ever imagined a child growing. Thank God they are developing normally, but please God! Help us to raise them and train them in Your ways while they're so moldable. Help me to value this quality time with them. Thank you for giving us our children!

God bless you and keep you,
-Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment