Friday, June 16, 2017

He Knows

Our Scripture readings this week included Exodus 25-26:30, the detailed description of how the earthly tabernacle patterns the heavenly tabernacle.

When I read this passage, an interesting thought struck me.

In Exodus 25:1-7, God lists the materials needed to construct the tabernacle and form the instruments.

He says, 'Tell the sons of Israel to raise a contribution for Me....And this is the contribution which you are to raise from them: ....'
(NASB)

Only AFTER God has listed the materials needed does He tell them the purpose.

Verse 8-9, 'And let them construct a sanctuary for Me, that I may dwell among them. According to all that I am going to show you, as the pattern of the tabernacle and the pattern of all its furniture, just so shall you construct it.' God proceeds to describe the finer details.

Does this encourage anyone besides me? He knows! What an illustration of His omniscience! He knows His plan. He has a purpose. He sees the larger picture. Let's trust Him!

---
Someone recently blessed us with a wash machine. Today, the man told me that he had bought the wash machine for their use. As it turned out, they were able to fix their original machine. He was impressed that he should keep the unneeded washing machine, but he couldn't 'see' the reason. For several days, he wrestled with the impression to keep it and the lack of logic in doing so. He chose to return it.

A month later, he heard my washing machine had broken down. Suddenly, it dawned on him: that wash machine was for us! He went back to the store and purchased the same machine for us. What a blessing to us!

God had provided him what he needed and only later revealed the purpose.
---

Or I think of how He lead us to our home, which is certainly not large but has more of an open floor concept.... He supplied our home, knowing beforehand that for a season it would be the place we gather together with the church. He knows!

I think also of when my husband inquired about a laborer position with our friends' construction company well in advance of him being laid off from his job. Did Zac know he was going to be laid off? No. But God did. And He ordained his conversation with our friends. They were able to pray about it, consider it, and made a decision without pressure weeks before Zac was laid off. See? He knows!

With our new refrigerator, I'm just thinking, 'God knew we needed this refrigerator before I ever thought to ask.' Hmmm... so is God going to pour out His abundance on our garden this year? Or maybe He has another purpose in mind that we would need a larger refrigerator. He knows!

Or consider all the wild plants in our yard and woods. I am finding that many of them serve a purpose. Sheep sorrel. Wild lettuce. Lamb's quarter. Dandelion. Clover. Wild roses. White sage. Yarrow. Plantain. He supplied all of them BEFORE I even knew what they were. Many of them have medicinal purposes that I am studiously learning. Maybe one day, I'll need to crush plantain to apply to a sting. He put the plantain in my yard BEFORE its purpose is made known to me. But guess what? He knows!

I am so excited about this simple lesson I've learned that builds my faith. :-) Now to only be sensitive and humble before Him, so that if He would use ME as a part of a greater purpose, I would have the faith to 'raise my contribution.'

And to consider that I am the temple of the living God. He has stockpiled the supplies-- the events and people and teachings in my life-- so that His greater purpose of conforming my life to reflect His is accomplished.

Philippians 1:6 is encouraging to me along these lines:

For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus. (NASB)

Be encouraged! God KNOWS!

God bless you and keep you,
-Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment