Wednesday, June 21, 2017

What's the Big Deal?

Sometimes, life can be a bit overwhelming. We stumble over a small rock in the path, lose our footing, almost regain balance, then get tripped by the dog. Bam! We fall to the hard ground and lay there for a second, thinking, what just happened?

My morning, guys. Seriously. I landed in vining crown vetch and was so irritated I didn't think to smell the blooms.

Dishes need cleaned. Laundry needs put away. And Zac will need lunch made for tomorrow. Abigail wants me to play. Malachi wants to nurse. And I still need to feed Titus.

My attention is needed everywhere, and the tasks are ever before me. Exhaustion is screaming for its rest. Busyness is screaming for its vacation. Drained is screaming for its motivation.

And I'm screaming, 'WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL?'

This. This moment is the big deal. This little girl that I'm cuddling with. She's the big deal. She told me tonight that she loves me just because she loves me. She said I'm fun and nice and not mean; (I asked, haha). She just wanted me to hold her as she fell to sleep.

Her unconditional love for me brings me to tears.

I get so caught up in the things that don't matter. I dedicate so much energy and thought to corner pieces that I pass right over the pieces with the central picture.

My little man's smile tells me of his complete love for me. His coos and dinosaur roars. All his developmental milestones are happening NOW. He's what matters.

Rubbing my tired man's shoulders. Drawing him a warm bath to relax. When he NEEDS help is when I am most helpful to him. I love this man, and I want to be here for him in THIS moment.

I'll make a game plan for tomorrow. Yes. It'll have the various chores on there. But, I'm going to write WHAT'S THE BIG DEAL? at the top of the page.

I'm going to pursue the purpose of this life God has given me.

God bless you and keep you,
-Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment