Thursday, June 15, 2017

Spring Cleaning

Anytime I want to express my thankfulness, eloquent speech escapes me like a sweet scent in the wind. I can recognize the lovely fragrance and even know the source of it, but to bottle it and precisely define its complexity is impossible.

All I can think to say is: God is so good. He is so, so good.

{Pause for one of Malachi's smiles--his eyes beaming in the shape of a crescent moon. Thank You for this little buddy love of mine.}

This week, I have had Spring 'fever.' In a literal sense, my sinus cavities have been keeping up with the abundant nectar flow that keeps my honeybees so content. And in a  figurative sense, my motivation to clean house is activated by the ever encroaching summer solstice.

{To have ambitions in the home, and health to take the initiative-- thank You, God!}

I started with the kitchen.
----

Wow! What a gorgeous kitchen! I shared in my friend's excitement for her new home.

I love all this counter space, and the island! I've wanted an island. She said.

A friend once told me when I first moved into my home that my counters would fill up quickly, and she was right! I'm sure yours will, too.  You'll have all your 'projects' out.

Oh, no! She responded. My husband doesn't like clutter or things out. I might have some things out on those counters, but this island will get cleared every day.
----
Thus, my idea was inspired-- to every day have an island with only the necessities.

That idea then gave way to a full on cabinet cleansing and item shuffling. (Putting the spices in the cabinet closest to the heat of the stove never made sense to me, anyway. For the sake of convenience, you lose potency.)

Then, the top of the refrigerator became just that-- the top of the refrigerator, not the 'little-bit-of-this-don't-let-Abigail-get-that' catch all it had become.

Next, went the refrigerator. And I don't just mean I wiped it inside and out. I mean, out the whole box went.

{A new, larger, and quieter refrigerator given to us before we could even ask You for it. I'm so grateful.}

The kitchen looks as revived as my attitude toward the household cleaning tasks. Let's do this thing.

Room by room, the Spring fever invades. No room is to be quarantined. Full on exposure.

The reward?

Today, Abigail said, Play with me mama.

And because my house is nearly all complete, I stopped what I was doing and said, Okay, Abigail.

{She wants me. She loves me. The ability to 'leap for joy' with her today. Thank You, thank You, thank You for her.}

The reward?

I really like the Spring cleaning you're doing. My man sweetly compliments when he walks in from a productive day at work.

{God, You gave him to ME! I'm still amazed. Then, last week, You provided his new job that meets our needs plus some.}

And for all the other many wonderful things You have done, thank You. The new-to-us wash machine. The smoke detector that alerted me in my sleep that I left a pot on the stove at medium heat. The identification of sheep sorrel in my yard. The cozy and warm fire in the wood stove. My bed.

I am incredibly thankful. Thankfulness produces joy, my pastor growing up in Jarrell often taught. Spring cleaning removes the clutter, so I can see it.

God bless you and keep you,
-Raquel

No comments:

Post a Comment